WI W-221 exemption certificate#
WI W-221 exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Upon receipt of the signed form, the employer is no longer required to withhold income tax for wages earned by this person.
- Send a copy of the completed form to:
- The military spouse employee is eligible for the exemption if the following conditions apply:
- the servicemember is present in Wisconsin in compliance with military orders
- the employee is in Wisconsin solely to be with the servicemember
- the spouse maintains a domicile in another state
- A new form must be submitted once the employee no longer qualifies for the exemption.
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue