SC SC-W4 exemption certificate#
SC SC-W4 exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- The employee must keep a copy for their records.
- The employer must keep the completed form for their records.
- The employee must provide a copy of the following:
- The servicemember's latest leave and earnings statement.
- The employee's current military ID card.
- The exemption will last for one year and needs to be renewed before January 1 to continue the withholding exemption for the following year.
- The employee may claim the exemption if:
- They are not a military servicemember.
- They are married to a military servicemember.
- The employee lives with their spouse.
- They are in South Carolina solely to be with their spouse.
- The servicemember's current military orders assign them to a location in South Carolina.
- Their domicile is a state other than South Carolina.
- To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction