RI W-4 certificate#
RI W-4 certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- This form must be available to the Division of Taxation upon request.
- Login: https://www.ri.gov/taxation/business/index.php
- Register: https://www.ri.gov/taxation/business/signup/
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- Residents may claim exemption from Rhode Island withholding if:
- They had a right to refund all Rhode Island income tax withheld because they had no tax liability during the previous year.
- The employee expects a refund of all Rhode Island income tax because they had no tax liability for the current year.
- The employee is eligible for military spouse exemption if they meet the following conditions:
- The employee is present in Rhode Island solely to be with their servicemember spouse in compliance with military orders.
- The employee and their spouse both maintain the same domicile in another state.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Rhode Island Division of Taxation
- Withholding Tax: (401) 574-8829
- EFT Program: (401) 574-8484
- Email: Leo.Lebeuf@tax.ri.gov