PA REV-419 exemption certificate#
PA REV-419 exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
Employers must keep a copy for their records.
Employees claiming military spouse exemption must attach a copy of the following documents:
- The employee's current Military Spouse ID card.
- The servicemember's current current Military Orders.
Employees must notify the employer within 10 days if they wish to revoke their exemption.
- The employee is eligible for military spouse exemption if they meet the following conditions:
- the spouse is a member of the armed forces present in PA in compliance with military orders.
- the employee is present in PA solely to be with their spouse.
- the employee and their spouse both maintain the same domicile in another state.
- Employees that are a resident of Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginina may claim exemption from Pennsylania withholding tax.
- Employees must submit this form annually to retain their exemption.
To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Pennsylvania Department of Revenue
Business Tax Questions: (717) 787-1064