- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Login: https://gateway.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gateway/BusinessGateway/Home
- Register: https://gateway.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gateway/BusinessGateway/self-registration
- If the employee does not complete this form, the employer must withhold Ohio personal income tax without exemption until the employee completes and submits a properly completed Form IT-4.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- If the number of an employee's claimed allowances decreases, they must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- Other decreases in exemptions or dependents, does not affect your withholding until next year, but requires the filing of a new certificate by December 1 of the year in which they occur.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Proper completion of IT-4
- Withholding tax general guidelines
- School district income tax withholding instructions
- Ohio Dept. of Taxation
- Business Taxpayer Assistance: (888) 405-4039