OH IT 4 certificate W-4#
OH IT 4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If the employee does not complete this form, the employer must withhold Ohio personal income tax without exemption until the employee completes and submits a properly completed Form IT-4.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- If the number of an employee's claimed allowances decreases, they must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- Other decreases in exemptions or dependents, does not affect your withholding until next year, but requires the filing of a new certificate by December 1 of the year in which they occur.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Ohio Department of Taxation
Business Taxpayer Assistance: (888) 405-4039