NY IT-2104.1 exemption certificate#
NY IT-2104.1 exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Do not accept forms that claim zero percent allocation if any part of the employee's wages or other compensation is attributable to services performed in New York State or Yonkers.
- If the employee becomes a New York State, New York City, or Yonkers resident or the employee changes the percentage of services performed within the state, the employer must be notified within 10 days.
- A penalty of $500 may be imposed for furnishing false information that decreases the withholding amount.
- Refer to the instructions to determine whether an employee is a resident or nonresident of the state.
To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
New York State Department of Taxation & Finance
Withholding Tax: (518) 485-6654
New Hire Reporting: (518) 320-1079