NY IT-2104-IND exemption certificate#
NY IT-2104-IND exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
This form does not need to be submitted to the New York State Tax Department.
Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- To qualify for the exemption, the employee must be:
- An enrolled member of a tribe or nation recognized by the United States or by New York State.
- And a Native American who works and lives on that tribe's reservation.
- The employee must notify the employer within 10 days of any change in status.
- A penalty of $500 may be imposed for providing false information that decreases your withholding amount.
To be used by Native Americans to file exemption from state withholding tax.
New York State Department of Taxation & Finance
Withholding Tax: (518) 485-6654
New Hire Reporting: (518) 320-1079