NY IT-2104-IND exemption certificate#
NY IT-2104-IND exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
This form does not need to be submitted to the New York State Tax Department.
Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- To qualify for the exemption, the employee must be:
- An enrolled member of a tribe or nation recognized by the United States or by New York State.
- And a Native American who works and lives on that tribe's reservation.
- The employee must notify the employer within 10 days of any change in status.
- A penalty of $500 may be imposed for providing false information that decreases your withholding amount.
To be used by Native Americans to file exemption from state withholding tax.