- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- This certificate much be filed each year to continue exemption.
- This certificate must be kept with the employer's records.
- The employer must be notified within 10 days of any change making the employee no longer eligible for the exemption.
- Employers may use this form to report a newly hired or rehired employee. Mail completed form, within 20 days of hiring to:
NEW YORK STATE DEPT OF TAXATION AND FINANCE
NEW HIRE NOTIFICATION
PO BOX 15119
ALBANY NY 12212-5119
- The following conditions must apply to qualify for exemption:
- the employee must be under age 18, or over age 65, or a full-time student under age 25,
- the employee did not have income tax liability for the previous year,
- the employee does not expect to have income tax liability for 2017.
- The employee may also claim exemption if they meet the conditions set forth under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.