NY IT-2104-E exemption certificate#
NY IT-2104-E exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- This certificate much be filed each year to continue exemption.
- This certificate must be kept with the employer's records.
- The employer must be notified within 10 days of any change making the employee no longer eligible for the exemption.
- Employers may use this form to report a newly hired or rehired employee. Mail completed form, within 20 days of hiring to:
- The following conditions must apply to qualify for exemption:
- the employee must be under age 18, or over age 65, or a full-time student under age 25,
- the employee did not have income tax liability for the previous year,
- the employee does not expect to have income tax liability for 2017.
- The employee may also claim exemption if they meet the conditions set forth under the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act.
To be used by residents to file exemption from state withholding tax.