NY IT-2104 certificate W-4#
NY IT-2104 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employee fills this form out and returns it to the employer.
- Make sure that the employee indicates if they are a New York City or Yonkers resident.
- You are only required to submit this form if the employee claimed more than 14 allowances or if the employee is a new hire.
- If you are submitting this form as a new hire reporting form, mail to:
NEW YORK STATE DEPT OF TAXATION AND FINANCE
NEW HIRE NOTIFICATION
PO BOX 15119
ALBANY NY 12212-5119
- If you are submitting this form because the employee has claimed more than 14 allowances, mail a copy to:
NYS TAX DEPARTMENT - INCOME TAX AUDIT ADMINISTRATOR
WITHHOLDING CERTIFICATE COORDINATOR
W A HARRIMAN CAMPUS
ALBANY NY 12227-0865
- If using this form to submit a new hire, go to https://www.nynewhire.com/ instead of submitting this form.
- Or fax to: (518) 320-1080
- If you are using this form to submit a new hire, go to https://www.nynewhire.com/ instead.
- Employers are not allowed to submit an employee's withholding allowance certificate online.
- This form does not change the federal withholding allowances of the employee.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If the employee does not submit this form to the employer, the employer may use the same number of allowances they claimed on federal Form W-4.
- Employers must submit this report within 20 days of start date. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of atleast 60 days.
Indicates employees tax situation so the employer can withhold the correct amount of state tax from employees paycheck. Can also be used to report newly hired and re-hired employees to the state.