NJ NJ-165 exemption certificate#
NJ NJ-165 exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Employees claiming exemption as a military spouse must submit a copy of their military spouse ID with this form to the employer.
- The employee must notify the employer within 10 days if there is a change in residence.
- Employees that are residents of the state of Pennsylvania are exempt from New Jersey withholding tax.
- Employees that are military spouses are exempt from state withholding tax if:
- The servicemember is present in New Jersey in compliance with military orders.
- The employee is present in New Jersey solely to be with their spouse.
- And they maintain the same domicile in a different state.
- To be used by nonresidents and nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction