NJ NJ-W4 certificate W-4#
NJ NJ-W4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Login: https://www1.state.nj.us/TYTR_BusinessFilings/jsp/common/Login.jsp?taxcode=45
- Register: https://www.njportal.com/DOR/BusinessRegistration
- This form is required when an employee wants to revise the withholding information.
- Exemption is good for one year only. You must submit a form each year certifying you have no New Jersey Gross Income Tax liability and claim exemption from withholding.
- Employees may claim exemption from state withholding tax, if they meet one of the following conditions:
- Their filing status is "Single" or "Married but Filing Separate" and their wages plus taxable non-wage income will be $10,000 or less for the current year.
- Their filing status is "Married Filing Joint" and their wages combined with their spouse's wages plus taxable non-wage income will be $20,000 or less for the current year.
- Their filing status is "Head of Household" or "Widowed" and their wages plus taxable non-wage income will be $20,000 or less for the current year.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- New Jersey Dept. of Treasury, Division of Taxation
- General Tax Information: (609) 826-4400
- Customer Service: (609) 292-6400
- Toll-free: (800) 323-4400