NJ NJ-W4 certificate W-4#
NJ NJ-W4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 1
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employer to keep a copy for their record.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- This form is required when an employee wants to revise the withholding information.
- Exemption is good for one year only. You must complete and submit a form each year certifying you have no New Jersey Gross Income Tax liability and claim exemption from withholding.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
New Jersey Department of Treasury, Division of Taxation
General Tax Information: (609) 826-4400
Customer Service: (609) 292-6400
Toll-free: (800) 323-4400