- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- A new form must be submitted by January 31st of each year the employee wants to continue the exemption.
- The employee must submit this form with a copy of the employee's military spouse ID card.
- Mail a copy of this form and attached military spouse ID card to:
Withholding Tax Section
Office of State Tax Commissioner
600 E Boulevard Ave. Dept 127
Bismarck ND 58505-0599
- Or fax to: (701) 328-1942
- Employees that are a civilian spouse of an active duty armed forces servicemember, they may claim exemption if they meet the following conditions:
- The employee and their servicemember spouse maintain domicile in a state other than North Dakota.
- The servicemember's permanent duty station is in North Dakota.
- The employee is in North Dakota only because they want to be with their servicemember spouse who's stationed in North Dakota.
- The employer must keep a copy of this form and attached documents for their records.
- Employees must notify employers the employer when they become ineligible for exemption. Which would occur in any of the following cases:
- Divorce from the servicemember.
- Death of the servicemember.
- Change in domicile to North Dakota by either spouse.
- Change in the servicemember's permanent duty station to a location outside North Dakota.
- To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
- North Dakota Office of State Tax Commissioner
- Withholding information: (701) 328-1248
- Email: [email protected]