ND NDW-M exemption certificate#
ND NDW-M exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- A new form must be submitted for each subsequent year the employee wants to continue the exemption.
- The employee must submit this form with a copy of the employee's dependent military ID card.
- Mail a copy of the completed form and attached military ID card to:
OFFICE OF STATE TAX COMMISSIONER
600 E BOULEVARD AVE. DEPT 127
- Employees that are a civilian spouse of an active duty armed forces servicemember, they may claim exemption if they meet the following conditions:
- The employee and their servicemember spouse maintain domicile in a state other than North Dakota.
- The servicemember's permanent duty station is in North Dakota.
- The employee is in North Dakota only because they want to be with their servicemember spouse who is stationed in North Dakota.
- The employer must keep a copy of this form and attached documents for their records.
- Employees must notify employers the employer when they become ineligible for exemption. Which would occur in any of the following cases:
- Divorce from the servicemember.
- Death of the servicemember.
- Change in domicile to North Dakota by either spouse.
- Change in the servicemember's permanent duty station to a location outside North Dakota.
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.