NC NC-4 NRA exemption certificate#
NC NC-4 NRA exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- This form may be requested by the department from the employer.
- A new certificate must be filed with the employer within 10 days if the withholding allowance decreases.
- Eaach employee must complete this form.
- Employees may claim exemption from withholding if one of the following conditions apply:
- Residents of Canada and Mexico performing in transportation service between the US and Canada or Mexico.
- Residents of Canada and Mexico perform duties connected to the construction, maintenance , or operation of a water-way, viaduct, dam, or bridge crossed by, or crossing, the boundary between the US and Canada or the boundary between the US and Mexico.
- Nonresident aliens that are residents of the US Virgin Islands are not subject to withholding tax on income earned while temporarily employed in the United States.
To be used by nonresident employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
North Carolina Department of Revenue
General Tax Information: 877-252-3052
Tax Assistance for international callers: 1-919-814-9701