- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- To maintain the exemption, the employee must submit a new certificate each year.
- If the employee meets the conditions listed below, mail to:
North Carolina Department of Revenue
Tax Compliance-Withholding Tax
PO Box 25000
Raleigh NC 27640-0001
- Submit this form to the Department of Revenue if:
- the employee claims more than 10 withholding allowances.
- claims exemption from withholding.
- This form is used by employees who:
- Plan to claim NC standard deduction.
- Plan to claim no tax credits or only the credit for children.
- Prefer not to complete the extended Form NC-4.
- Qualify to claim the exempt status.
- Claim Military Spouse Exemption.
- Employees claiming Military Spouse exemption must submit the following documents:
- The servicemember's State of Legal Residence Certificate.
- The employee's Military Spouse ID Card.
- To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
- North Carolina Dept. of Revenue
- General Tax Information: (877) 252-3052
- Electronic Services: (877) 308-9103