NC NC-4EZ exemption certificate#
NC NC-4EZ exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- To maintain the exemption, the employee must submit a new certificate each year.
- If employee meets conditions listed below, mail to:
- This form is used by employees who:
- Plan to claim NC standard deduction
- Plan to claim no tax credits or only the credit for children
- Prefer not to complete the extended Form NC-4
- Qualify to claim the exempt status
- Employees eligible to claim exemption from withholding tax because they are a military spouse must submit a copy of their military spouse ID card and the servicemember's most recent leave and earnings statement.
- Submit this form to the Department of Revenue if:
- the employee calims more than 10 withholding allowances
- claims exemption from withholding
To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
North Carolina Department of Revenue
General Tax Information: 877-252-3052
Tax Assistance for international callers: 1-919-814-9701