NC NC-4 certificate W-4#
NC NC-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employer to keep a copy for their record.
- If employee meets conditions listed below, mail to:
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If the number of your claimed allowances decreases, you must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- The employee claims more than 10 withholding allowances
- The employee claims exemption from withholding and the employee's wages would normally exceed $200 per week.
You must send a copy of this form, if:
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
North Carolina Department of Revenue
General Tax Information: 877-252-3052
Tax Assistance for international callers: 1-919-814-9701