NC NC-4 certificate W-4#
NC NC-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If the employee meets the conditions listed below, mail to:
North Carolina Department of Revenue
Tax Compliance-Withholding Tax
PO Box 25000
Raleigh NC 27640-0001
- If the number of an employee's claimed allowances decreases, they must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- Employers must send a copy of this form, if:
- The employee claims more than 10 withholding allowances.
- The employee claims exemption from withholding and the employee's wages would normally exceed $200 per week.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- North Carolina Department of Revenue
- General Tax Information: (877) 252-3052
- Electronic Services: (877) 308-9103