MT MT-R exemption certificate#
MT MT-R exemption certificate #
Do it by#
- Do it by Sun, Dec 28.
- Due 4 days later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- A new form must be submitted each year to maintain the exemption.
- For forms received by February 28, mail the original on or before March 31 to:
Montana Department of Revenue
PO Box 5805
Helena MT 59604-5805
- Employees who reside in North Dakota must complete this form and submit this to their employer by either of the following:
- February 28 of the calendar year to which it applies.
- within 30 days after they begin working for you.
- If the form is not completed by the employee, the employer must still withhold Montana income tax from wages earned in Montana.
- To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction