MT MSR exemption certificate#
MT MSR exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employees must keep a copy of this form for their records.
- Employers must keep this form and any other documentation for their records.
- The exemption certificate lasts no longer than one year. To continue the exemption, employees must submit this form to the employer on or before February 28 of each year.
- To qualify for the exemption the following must be true for the employee:
- The servicemember and spouse must have the same non-Montana residence.
- The servicemember must be serving in Montana in compliance with military orders.
- The nonmilitary spouse of the servicemember must have moved to Montana solely to be with the servicemember.
- The employee must notify the employer immediately if he/she no longer qualifies for the exemption.
- Some reasons eligibility for exemption will terminate include:
- The nonmilitary spouse chooses to become a Montana resident
- The servicemember is no longer in Montana
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.