MO W-4 certificate W-4#
MO W-4 certificate W-4 #
Do it by#
- Do it by Wed, Dec 31.
- Due 1 days later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Allow 1 day, for postal pickup.
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If used as a new hire reporting form, mail to:
Missouri Department of Revenue
PO Box 3340
Jefferson City MO 65105-3340
- Or fax to: (573) 526-8079
- Employers must submit this report within 20 days of start date. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- An employer may be fined $25 for each instance of failure to report an employee and $350 per employee if a conspiracy to not report exists between the employer and employee.
- If an employee does not complete and turn in the required Form MO W-4, withhold using zero allowances at a single tax rate.
- Employees claiming military spouse exemption must submit the following documents:
- The servicemember's leave and earnings statement.
- The servicemember's IRS W-2.
- The servicemember's military orders.
- The employee's military spouse ID card.
- The employee's verification of residency.
- Indicates employees tax situation so the employer can withhold the correct amount of state tax from employees paycheck. Also used to report newly hired and re-hired employees to the state.
- Missouri Department of Revenue
- General Inquiry: (573) 751-8750
- Email: email@example.com