MN MWR exemption certificate#
MN MWR exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
The completed form must be submitted to the employer by the later of the following:
- February 28
- 30 days after you begin working or change your permanent residence.
Employers must keep this form for five years from the date received.
Mail Station 6501
St Paul MN 55146-6501
- Employees are eligible to claim this exemption if:
- The employee is a resident of Michigan or North Dakota.
- The employee returns to their residence in that state at least once a month.
- The employee doesn't want Minnesota income tax withheld from their wages.
- Employees who live in other states, including Minnesota, cannot use this form.
- Employers may be assessed a $50 penalty for each form they are required to submit but do not.
- If the form is not filled out completely, employers mustt withhold Minnesota income tax.
To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Minnesota Department of Revenue
Withholding Tax: (651) 282-9999
Toll-free: (800) 657-3594