MN MWR exemption certificate#
MN MWR exemption certificate #
Do it by#
- Do it by Sun, Dec 28.
- Due 4 days later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- The completed form must be submitted to the employer by the later of the following:
- February 28
- 30 days after you begin working or change your permanent residence.
- Employers must keep this form for five years from the date received.
- Mail to:
Mail Station 6501
St Paul MN 55146-6501
- Employees are eligible to claim this exemption if:
- The employee is a resident of Michigan or North Dakota.
- The employee returns to their residence in that state at least once a month.
- The employee doesn't want Minnesota income tax withheld from their wages.
- Employees who live in other states, including Minnesota, cannot use this form.
- Employers may be assessed a $50 penalty for each form they are required to submit but do not.
- If the form is not filled out completely, employers must withhold Minnesota income tax.
- To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction