MN MWR exemption certificate#
MN MWR exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
The completed form must be submitted to the employer by the later of the following:
- February 28
- 30 days after you begin working or change your permanent residence
Employers must keep this form for five years from the date received.
Mail completed form to:
PO Box 6501
St Paul MN 55164-6501
- Employees are eligible to claim this exemption if:
- the employee is a resident of Michigan or North Dakota
- the employee returns to their residence in that state at least once a month
- the employee doesn't want Minnesota income tax withheld from their wages
- Employees who live in other states, including Minnesota, cannot use this form.
To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Minnesota Department of Revenue
Withholding Tax: 651-282-9999