MN W-4MN certificate W-4#
MN W-4MN certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If an employee meets any of the conditions listed below, mail to:
Mail Station 6501
St Paul MN 55146-6501
- Login: https://www.mndor.state.mn.us/tp/eservices/_/
- Register: https://www.mndor.state.mn.us/tp/eservices/_/
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- If an employee claims exemption from state withholding, they must provide you with a new W-4MN by February 15 of each year. Exempt forms received during the year must be submitted to the department within 30 days of receipt from the employee.
- The employer is required to send a copy to the Department of Revenue if any of the following apply:
- The employee claims more than 10 state withholding allowances.
- The employee claims to be exempt from state withholding and reasonably expect the employee's wages to exceed $200 per week.
- The employer believes the employee is not entitled to the number of allowances claimed.
- Employers may be assessed a $50 penalty for each form they are required to submit but do not.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Minnesota Department of Revenue
- Withholding Tax: (651) 282-9999
- Toll-free: (800) 657-3594
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org