MI MI-W4 certificate W-4#
MI MI-W4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If an employee meets any of the conditions listed below, mail to:
Michigan New Hire
PO Box 85010
Lansing MI 48908-5010
- Login: https://mto.treasury.michigan.gov/eai/mtologin/authenticate?URL=/
- Register: https://mto.treasury.michigan.gov/uisecure/mtoselfservice/anonymous/register
- The employer is required to notify the Michigan Department of Treasury if an employee claims one of the following:
- 10 or more personal and dependent exemptions.
- A status which exempts them from state withholding.
- Employees must give this withholding exemption certificate to the employer on or before starting day.
- If the number of an employee's claimed allowances decreases, they must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- If the employee fails to complete this form, the employer must withhold state income tax without allowance for any exemptions.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Michigan Department of Treasury
- General Information: (517) 636-6925