ME WHEX exemption certificate#
ME WHEX exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- The employee must complete this form if they choose any of the following:
- They wish to claim a greater number of allowances for state than for federal purposes.
- They wish to claim fewer withholding allowances for state than for federal purposes.
- They request an additional dollar amount or a flat dollar amount of withholding
- This form must be submitted for approval to:
- Each certificate expires on December 31 of the year it was submitted or whenever the employee or payee no longer qualifies for the certificate, whichever is sooner.
- Once reviewed, two copies of the certiicate will be mailed to the employee: one should be given to the employer and the other for the employee's records.
To be used by employees who want to change their state allowances from their federal allowances.