ME W-4ME certificate W-4#
ME W-4ME certificate W-4 #
Do it by#
- Do it by Wed, Dec 31.
- Due 1 days later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Allow 1 day, for postal pickup.
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If employee meets conditions listed below, mail to:
Maine Revenue Services
PO Box 1060
Augusta ME 04332-1060
- Employees claiming Military Spouse exemption must submit a copy of the following documents:
- The servicemember's latest Leave and Earnings Statement.
- The employee's Military Spouse ID card.
- An employer is required to submit a copy of this form along with a copy of any supporting information provided by the employee/payee to MRS if:
- The employer is required to submit a copy of federal W-4 to the IRS either by written notice or by published guidance
- An employee performing personal services in Maine furnishes a form W-4ME to the employer containing a non-Maine address and, for any reason, claims no Maine income tax is to be withheld.
- This submission is not required if the employer reasonably expects that the employee will earn annual Maine-source income of less than $5,000 or if the employee is a nonresident working in Maine for no more than 12 days for the calendar year and is therefore exempt from Maine income tax withholding.
- Employees must file a new certificate each year if they wish to continue claiming the exemption.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Revenue Services
- (207) 626-8475
- Email: email@example.com