- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- The employee must provide the employer copies of the ff:
- Military spouse ID
- State of Legal Residence Certificate of servicemember.
- Leave and Earnings Statement of servicemember.
- The servicemember's current military orders assigning such servicemember to a post of duty in or near Massachusetts.
- The employer must keep this form, and the employee's other documents, for their records.
- This form must be validated on an annual basis.
- Employees are qualified for the exemption if:
- the employee and the military servicemember have the same domicile.
- the military servicemember is present in or near Massachusetts in compliance with military orders.
- the employee is present in Massachusetts solely to be with their servicemember spouse.
- the employee is a nonresident of the state.
- The employee will no longer be qualified for the exemption if:
- the servicemember spouse leaves the servicemember
- the servicemember and the spouse get a divorce
- voluntary physical separation due to duty changes.
- the spouse commits an action that clearly establishes Massachusetts as his or her state of domicile