MA M-4 certificate W-4#
MA M-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- If the allowable Massachusetts withholding exemptions are the same as you are claiming for US Income Taxes, complete Federal W-4 only.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- If the number of an employee's claimed allowances decreases, they must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
- You are not allowed to claim "federal withholding deductions and adjustments" under the Massachusetts withholding system.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Massachusetts Department of Revenue