- Form K-4M takes effect on the later of the following:
- the date you give it to your employer
- the first payroll period your employer is able to put the exemption into effect
- The exemption does not apply to wages paid prior to the date the form takes effect.
- The withholding tax exemption will no longer be valid if any of the statements above becomes false.
- In general, the exemption termination date will be the earlier of:
- The day the military servicemember is no longer in the military;
- The day the employee enlists in the military
- The day the employee and the military servicemember no longer live at the same address
- The day the military servicemember's permanent duty station changes to a location outside of Kentucky
- If the exemption terminates, the employee must complete a Form K-4.