KY K-4E exemption certificate#
KY K-4E exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employers must keep this form in their records.
- Do not accept if the employee's wages exceed the filing threshold amount based on the federal poverty level.
- An employee may be entitled to claim this exemption from withholding if no income tax liability is anticipated for the current year.
- This certificate will expire on the last day of the fourth month following the close of the taxable year.
- If this exemption is discontinued or revoked, a new Form K-4 must be filed with the employer.
- This certificate must be revoked within 10 days if it is reasonable to anticipate that a Kentucky income tax liability will occur.
- The employee may claim this exemption as long as their wages do not exceed the filing threshold amount. The filing threshold amount is based on federal poverty level guidelines and adjusted annually.
To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Kentucky Department of Revenue
Withholding Tax: 502-564-7287