KS K-4 certificate W-4#
KS K-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The employee's status of "Single" or "Joint" may differ from the status claimed on their federal Form W-4.
- If the employer does not receive a K-4 form from the employee, they must withhold state income tax from wages without exemption at the "Single" allowance rate.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.