IN WH-4MIL exemption certificate#
IN WH-4MIL exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
Do not send this form to the Department of Revenue.
Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The spouse of an armed forces member is exempt from income taxation in Indiana when:
- The employee's spouse is a military servicemember.
- The employee is not a military servicemember.
- The employee's military servicemember spouse has current military orders assigning him or her to a military location in Indiana.
- The employee and the military servicemember reside at the same address.
- The employee's domicile is a state other than Indiana.
- The employee's military servicemember spouse's domicile is the same as the employee's domicile.
- If the exemption terminates, the employee must complete a new WH-4MIL form.
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Indiana Department of Revenue
Withholding Tax: (317) 233-4016