IN WH-4 certificate W-4#
IN WH-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- Must report within 10 days if their number of exemptions decreases for the following reasons:
- Divorce (or are legally separated from) spouse for whom they have been claiming an exemption or spouse claims him/herself on a separate Form WH-4
- Someone else takes over the support of a dependent an employee claim or no longer provide more than one-half of the person's support for the tax year; or
- The person who the employee claims as an exemption will receive more than $1,000 of income during the tax year.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Indiana Department of Revenue
Withholding Tax: (317) 233-4016