- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- Must report within 10 days if their number of exemptions decreases for the following reasons:
- Divorce (or are legally separated from) spouse for whom they have been claiming an exemption or spouse claims him/herself on a separate Form WH-4
- Someone else takes over the support of a dependent an employee claim or no longer provide more than one-half of the person's support for the tax year; or
- The person who the employee claims as an exemption will receive more than $1,000 of income during the tax year.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Indiana Dept. of Revenue
- Withholding Tax: (317) 233-4016