- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The employee qualifies for withholding tax exemption if:
- the employee is a resident of Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan or Wisconsin.
- the employee's spouse is in the military, the employee and their spouse are both residents of the same state (other than Illinois) and they are in Illinois only because the employee's spouse is stationed there by the military.
- Employees must notify their employer if they change their residence, within 10 days.
- To be used by nonresidents and nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
- Illinois Dept. of Revenue
- Tax Assistance: (800) 732-8866
- Tax Assistance: (217) 782-3336