IL W-5-NR exemption certificate#
IL W-5-NR exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies: 2
Employers must keep a copy of this form for their record.
- The employee qualifies for withholding tax exemption if:
- the employee is a resident of Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan or Wisconsin
- the employee's spouse is in the military, the employee and their spouse are both residents of the same state (other than Illinois) and they are in Illinois only because the employee's spouse is stationed there by the military.
- Employees must notify their employer if they change their residence, within 10 days.
To be used by nonresidents and nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Illinois Department of Revenue
Tax Assistance: 800-732-8866
Tax Assistance: 217-782-3336