IL IL-W-4 certificate W-4#
IL IL-W-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies: 1
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employer to keep a copy for their record.
- Must be submitted on or before the date that you start working for your employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- You may file a new form any time your withholding allowances increases.
- If the number of your claimed allowances decreases, you must file a new form within 10 days after the change.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Illinois Department of Revenue
Tax Assistance: 800-732-8866
Tax Assistance: 217-782-3336