IA 44-019a certificate W-4#
IA 44-019a certificate W-4 #
Do it by#
- Do it by Wed, Dec 31.
- Due 1 day later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Allow 1 day, for postal pickup.
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Employer gives blank form to a new hire or rehire employee.
- The employee completes the bottom half of the form and returns the form to the employer.
- The bottom half indicates the employee's tax situation in order to withhold the correct amount of tax.
- The employer must keep the IA W-4 for their records unless more than 22 withholding allowances are claimed, send a copy of the form to:
Iowa Department of Revenue
PO Box 10456
Des Moines IA 50306-0456
- The employer completes the top half of the form.
- If using this form to report new hires, mail to:
Centralized Employee Registry
PO Box 10322
Des Moines IA 50306-0322
- Login: https://efilepay.idr.iowa.gov/iao_aaa/welcome.asp
- Online submission is only available for new hire reporting.
- Employers can submit reports here.
- Employers must submit this report within 15 days of start date. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- If for any reason the employee does not complete an IA W-4, the employer must withhold at zero allowance.
- If you do claim exempt, you must complete a new form W-4 by February 15 of each year.
Employers must submit this report within 15 days of start date. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- Indicates employees tax situation so the employer can withhold the correct amount of state tax from employees paycheck. Also used to report newly hired and re-hired employees to the state.
- Iowa Department of Revenue
- Customer Service: (515) 281-3114
- Customer Service: (800) 367-3388
- Email: email@example.com