HI HW-7 exemption certificate#
HI HW-7 exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- One copy should be sent to the Department of Taxation and another to be kept for the employer's records.
- The Department of Taxation will return the HW-7 to the employer if withholding is required.
- Mail this form along with the completed Form HW-6 to:
- Withholding is not required for the following cases:
- The employee is a nonresident performing services in the state for not more than 60 days during the year and the employee's regular place of employment is outside of Hawaii.
- The employee is a spouse of a military servicemember in Hawaii solely in compliance with military orders, in Hawaii solely to be with the servicemember, and they are domiciled in the same state and that state is not Hawaii.
- The employee is a nonresident of the state earning wages for services performed outside of Hawaii.
- The exemption is effective on or after the first payroll period or the first payment of wages after Form HW-7 and HW-6 are filed with the department.
- If the employer is not required to submit Form HW-7 to the department, the exemption is effective on or after the first payroll period or the first payment of wages after your employee gives you Form HW-6.
To be submitted by the employer when an employee claims exemption from state withholding tax.