- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- When reporting as a new hire, mail a copy of Hawaii W-4 to:
Child Support Enforcement Agency
New Hire Reporting
Kakuhihewa Building 601 Kamokila Blvd. Suite 251
Kapolei HI 96707
- Or fax to: (808) 692-7001
- If the employee meets the conditions listed below, mail to:
Hawaii Department of Taxation
PO BOX 3827
Honolulu HI 96812-3827
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- An employer may be fined $25 for each instance of failure to report an employee and $500 per employee if a conspiracy to not report exists between the employer and employee.
- Employers must submit this report within 20 days of start date. A re-hire is an employee who's returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- If an employee doesn't complete this form, the employer must withhold from their wages as if they're single and claimed no withholding allowances.
- This form must be sent to the Department of Taxation if the employee meets any of the following conditions:
- The employee has claimed excess allowances for their situation, generally more than 10.
- The employee misstated their marital status.
- Indicates employees tax situation so the employer can withhold the correct amount of state tax from employees paycheck. Also used to report newly hired and re-hired employees to the state.
- Child Support Enforcement Agency
- General: (808) 692-7029
- O'ahu: (808) 692-8265
- Maui: (808) 243-5241