IRS W-4 certificate#
IRS W-4 certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Employees must fill this form out before their first paycheck when starting a new job or as soon as the employee's situation changes.
- This form doesn't need to be submitted to the IRS unless the employer is required to do so.
- Employers must keep this form for 4 years, and submit to the IRS if requested.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
- Withholding exemptions - personal exemptions - form W-4
- Withholding compliance questions & answers
- Form W-4 & wage withholding
- Internal Revenue Service
- Business Tax Questions: (800) 829-4933
- EFTPS Customer Service: (800) 555-4477