IRS W-4 certificate#
IRS W-4 certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies: 1
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employer to keep a copy for their record.
- Employees must fill this form out before their first pay check when starting a new job or as soon as the employee's situation changes.
- This form is not to be submitted to IRS
- Employers must keep this form for 4 years, and submit to the IRS if requested.
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Internal Revenue Service
Business Tax Questions: (800) 829-4933
EFTPS Customer Service: (800) 555-4477