IRS W-9 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 1
- Return to the requester. Do not send to the IRS.
- Employers may develop and use their own form W-9 if its content is similar to the official IRS form W-9 and it satisfies certain certification requirements.
- See certification requirements here.
- This form is used to request taxpayer identification number of an employee or independent contractor and to request certain certifications and claims for exemption.
- Internal Revenue Service
- Business Tax Questions: (800) 829-4933
- EFTPS Customer Service: (800) 555-4477