DE W-4DE exemption certificate#
DE W-4DE exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employees must submit this certificate to their employers.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The employee must show the employer the original current military ID of the spouse. The IDs are reissued every four years, the employer may not accept a Military ID that is dated more than four years before the date it is given to the employer.
- If the employer believes the employee has claimed too many exemptions or improperly claimed the exemption, the employer must contact the Division of Revenue immediately.
To be used by military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.