DE W-4DE exemption certificate#
DE W-4DE exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The employee must also submit a copy of the following documents:
- The employee or military servicemember's latest leave and earnings statement.
- The employee's current dependent military spouse ID card.
- If the employer believes the employee has claimed too many exemptions or improperly claimed the exemption, the employer must contact the Division of Revenue immediately.
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.