DC D-4A exemption certificate#
DC D-4A exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employers must keep this form in their records.
- Employees need to submit an amended allowance certificate for the next year if there has been a change in exemption status or a change of address since the filing of the last certificate.
- Amended certificates must be submitted before December 1 of the current year.
- The permanent residence is outside DC during all of the tax year and you do not reside in DC for 183 days or more in the tax year.
- The employee is a service member's spouse.
Employees qualify as a nonresident if:
To be used by nonresidents to file exemption from state withholding tax.
District of Columbia Office of Tax and Revenue