- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Employees must complete this form to make sure that they don't under-withhold their California personal income tax.
- Employees must return this back to their employer.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
This form doesn't change the federal withholding allowances of the employee.
- For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It's also for employees who've recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.