AZ WEC exemption certificate#
AZ WEC exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employers must keep the completed form and any required attachments for their records.
- Employees must keep a copy for their records.
- The form does not need to be submitted to the Department of Revenue unless requested.
- If the employees situation changes and no longer qualifies for the withholding exemption, they need to complete a new Form WEC to let their employer know.
- A new form must be filed each year to keep the exemption.
- If the employee is a military spouse, they are eligible for exemption if:
- they are married to a servicemember and earn wages in Arizona
- the servicemember is in Arizona in compliance with military orders
- the employee is in Arizona solely to be with their spouse
- the employee maintains a domicile in another state, which is the same domicile as the servicemember
- If the employee is a Native American, they are eligible for exemption if:
- If they live and work on the same reservation
- they are an affiliated and enrolled member of the tribe for which that reservation was established
- If the employee is a nonresident of Arizona, they are eligible for exemption if:
- they are a resident of Californina, Indiana, Oregon or Virginia
- they are allowed to claim a tax credit against your Arizona tax for taxes paid to your state of residence on Form 140NR filed for the year
To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Arizona Department of Revenue
Local: (602) 255-3381
Toll-free: (800) 352-4090