AZ WEC exemption certificate#
AZ WEC exemption certificate #
Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
Employers must keep this form and required attachments for their records.
Employees claiming military spouse exemption must submit a copy of the following documents:
- The servicemember's recent leave and earnings statement.
- The employee's military spouse ID card.
The form does not need to be submitted to the Department of Revenue unless requested.
If the employee's situation changes and no longer qualifies for the withholding exemption, they need to complete a new Form WEC to let their employer know.
A new form must be filed each year to keep the exemption.
- If the employee is a military spouse, they are eligible for exemption if:
- They are married to a servicemember and earn wages in Arizona.
- The servicemember is in Arizona in compliance with military orders.
- The employee is in Arizona solely to be with their spouse.
- The employee maintains a domicile in another state, which is the same domicile as the servicemember.
- If the employee is a Native American, they are eligible for exemption if:
- If they live and work on the same reservation.
- They are an affiliated and enrolled member of the tribe for which that reservation was established.
- If the employee is a nonresident of Arizona, they are eligible for exemption if:
- They are a resident of California, Indiana, Oregon or Virginia.
- They are allowed to claim a tax credit against your Arizona tax for taxes paid to your state of residence on Form 140NR filed for the year.
To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Arizona Department of Revenue
Toll-free: (800) 352-4090