AZ WEC exemption certificate#
AZ WEC exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- Employers must keep this form and required attachments for their records.
- Employees claiming military spouse exemption must submit a copy of the following documents:
- The servicemember's recent leave and earnings statement.
- The employee's military spouse ID card.
- The form does not need to be submitted to the Department of Revenue unless requested.
- If the employee's situation changes and no longer qualifies for the withholding exemption, they need to complete a new Form WEC to let their employer know.
- A new form must be filed each year to keep the exemption.
- If the employee is a military spouse, they are eligible for exemption if:
- They are married to a servicemember and earn wages in Arizona.
- The servicemember is in Arizona in compliance with military orders.
- The employee is in Arizona solely to be with their spouse.
- The employee maintains a domicile in another state, which is the same domicile as the servicemember.
- If the employee is a Native American, they are eligible for exemption if:
- If they live and work on the same reservation.
- They are an affiliated and enrolled member of the tribe for which that reservation was established.
- If the employee is a nonresident of Arizona, they are eligible for exemption if:
- They are a resident of California, Indiana, Oregon or Virginia.
- They are allowed to claim a tax credit against your Arizona tax for taxes paid to your state of residence on Form 140NR filed for the year.
- To be used by employees to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction