- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- Employers must keep the completed form and any required attachments for their records.
- Employees must keep a copy for their records.
- The form does not need to be submitted to the Department of Revenue unless requested.
- If the employees situation changes and no longer qualifies for the withholding exemption, they need to complete a new Form WEC to let their employer know.
- A new form must be filed each year to keep the exemption.
- If the employee is a military spouse, they are eligible for exemption if:
- they are married to a servicemember and earn wages in Arizona
- the servicemember is in Arizona in compliance with military orders
- the employee is in Arizona solely to be with their spouse
- the employee maintains a domicile in another state, which is the same domicile as the servicemember
- If the employee is a Native American, they are eligible for exemption if:
- If they live and work on the same reservation
- they are an affiliated and enrolled member of the tribe for which that reservation was established
- If the employee is a nonresident of Arizona, they are eligible for exemption if:
- they are a resident of Californina, Indiana, Oregon or Virginia
- they are allowed to claim a tax credit against your Arizona tax for taxes paid to your state of residence on Form 140NR filed for the year