AR AR4EC(TX) exemption certificate#
AR AR4EC(TX) exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Employers should keep the completed form for their records.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to notify the employer within seven days after any change to the exemption claimed.
- For Arkansas residents:
- if the employee's permanent residence is within the city limits of Texarkana, Arkansas, they are exempt from Arkansas individual income tax.
- All income is exempt while the employee is a resident of Texarkana, Arkansas.
- For Texas residents:
- if the employee's permanent residence is within the city limits of Texarkana, Texas they are exempt from Arkansas individual income taxes on income earned from businesses in Texarkana, Arkansas only.
- This is the only income that is exempt. Any income received from any other sources in Arkansas is fully taxable.
To be used by residents of Texarkana to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration
Withholding Tax Questions: (501) 682-7290