AR ARW-4MS exemption certificate#
AR ARW-4MS exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
Copies to print: 2
- The employee must keep a copy for their records.
- The employer must keep the completed form for their records.
- The employee must present the current Military ID and Leave and Earnings Statement when submitting this form.
- The employee may claim the exemption if:
- They are not a military servicemember
- They are married to a military servicemember
- The employee lives with their spouse
- The servicemember's current military orders assign them to a location in Arkansas
- Their domicile is a state other than Arkansas
- The exemption will last for one year and needs to be renewed by December 1 to continue the withholding exemption for the following year.
- To withdraw the exemption, the employee must complete Sections I, III and IV and submit to their employer.
To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration
Withholding Tax Questions: (501) 682-7290