AL A4-MS exemption certificate#
AL A4-MS exemption certificate #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies to print: 2
- The employee must provide a copy of the following:
- Their current military spouse ID.
- Form DD 2058 reflecting the servicemember's state of legal residence.
- A recent Leave and Earnings Statement.
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- The employee may claim the exemption if:
- They're married to a military servicemember.
- They're not a military servicemember.
- The servicemember's current military orders assign them to a location in or near Alabama.
- The employee lives with their spouse.
- Their domicile is a state other than Alabama.
- The military servicemember's domicile is the same as the employee.
- To be used by nonresident military spouses to file exemption from state withholding tax.
Report a correction