AL A-4 certificate W-4#
AL A-4 certificate W-4 #
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- Copies: 2
- Give a blank form to a new employee or to employees who have changes in their tax situation.
- The employee fills up this form and returns it to the employer.
- Employer to keep a copy for their record.
- If employee meets conditions listed below, mail to:
- Employers must keep a copy for their records.
- Generally, you should not send copies of Form A-4 to ADR.
- You believe the employee claims more exemptions than legally entitled
- Claims 8 or more dependent exemptions
Contact the Department of Revenue for verification, if:
For newly hired employees to report their withholding exemption to their employer. It is also for employees who have recently changed their tax status which will affect their withholding exemptions.
Alabama Department of Revenue
Withholding: (334) 242-1300