AL new hire#
AL new hire #
Do it by#
- Do it by Wed, Dec 31.
- Due 1 days later (Thu, Jan 1).
- Allow 1 day, for postal pickup.
- Paper: Letter (8.5in x 11in)
- For 5 or less employees, mail a copy of IRS W-4 to:
Alabama Department of Labor
Attn New-Hire Clerk
649 Monroe Street Room 3203
Montgomery AL 36131
- Or fax to: (334) 206-6020
- Employers with more than 5 employees must report online.
- Login: https://labor.alabama.gov/nh/NewHireEfile/LogIn.aspx
- Register: https://labor.alabama.gov/nh/NewHireRegistration/
- Employers must include the employee's start date and whether the employee is a new hire or a re-hire. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- Employers must report new hires within 7 days of the first day of work.
- Employers must report new hires and re-hires within 7 days of the first day of work. A re-hire is an employee who has returned after a separation of at least 60 days.
- Employers who submit reports online shall submit the reports at most, twice a month, 12 to 16 days apart.
- To report newly hired and re-hired employees to the state.
- Alabama Department of Labor New-Hire Unit
- (334) 206-6020
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org