All Payroll Attendance
To stop your work-time when you like to go on a short break or stop for lunch:
- Go to the work-time menu (top right corner of Zipier).
- Click "Go on break".
This will stop your work-time, change your status to yellow , and put a reminder on screen to start it again when you return.
To restart your work-time when you return, click "I'm back".Updated: 13 May 2019. Keywords: pause.
You can easily see if your work-time is started by looking at your portrait photo top right corner of Zipier.
- A green dot means your work-time is started.
- A light gray dot means your work-time is stopped.
If you're running Zipier Desktop, you'll also see these icons in the system tray of your computer (by your clock).Updated: 13 May 2019. Keywords: working, timer, running, status.
Permission to fix a forgotten clock-in depends on Org settings ➜ Attendance ➜ Settings ➜ Only managers, super...:
If turned off (the default), you're free to edit your Timesheets yourself.
If turned on, only admins, or project leaders can correct your work start time.
To find out if you have admin permission, see People ➜ Settings ➜ Permissions ➜ Org admin permission....Updated: 7 Jun 2019. Keywords: missed, wrong, start, timesheet, correct.
If you forgot to put yourself on break you can wind back your work end time by going to:
- The work-time menu (top right corner).
- Then choose "I forgot".
If you're running Zipier Desktop, Zipier detects how long you've had no activity and suggest your "forgot" time.
Once corrected, you can choose to:
- Return to being clocked in, and get back to work.
- Continue being on break, now with the correct break start time set.
- Finish, with your "forgot" time closing your working day.
In a casual workplace, "I forgot" is very useful.Updated: 25 Jul 2019. Keywords: missed, stop, fix, problem, timesheet, correct.
In the work time menu I see the current time. What timezone is this based on and how do I know it's correct?
You may find that Zipier's time is even more accurate than your computers.
- Zipier detects and stores your computers time-zone when you login.
- Your time-zone is then sent to a synchronized server clock.
- The server sends back an accurate time to show on your work-time menu.
Zipier Desktop coordinates times the same way (reports the computer's timezone, but uses server accurate time).
If you change your computer's time-zone (e.g. you fly to a different country), you'll need to restart your browser and log in again. Zipier Desktop will automatically pick up the change within 60 minutes.Updated: 13 May 2019. Keywords: country, offset, delay.